Friday, July 13, 2007

"Elementary, my dear Watson"

I live a sad, sad life. Know what I did today? No, it wasn't anything silly like contribute to the human race. Or shower. I played "The Secret of the Silver Earring" until I finished the mystery (it's a Sherlock Holmes computer game). It did not take the 30 hours advertised on the box, but it did lead to the interesting experience of thoroughly cussing out a fictional character for not running fast enough. Several times.

I did leave my house. Once. About an hour ago. To get the mail, so the mail delivery lady wouldn't think I was dead. If I hadn't had a bill to mail, I probably wouldn't have even done that.

Notice how composing complete sentences is too much for me now? I'm choosing to regard it as a stylistic choice, when what it really is is depression so great that I can't bring myself to care about proper grammar.

Oh, by the way. eHarmony? Sucks. Not one guy of the 15 possible matches I have can even be bothered to tell me no. They just don't answer my questions, possibly in the hope that if they ignore me, I'll go away. Some of them have ignored me for 4 months. That's a 3rd of a year. I am trying not to take it personally, however...maybe they got amnesia, or were in terrible but not deadly accidents (see? I'm not morbid, not at all), or got married and forgot to take their profile off. Whatever.

On top of this, a personal situation is...not really working out like I wanted, and hurt feelings are just getting more hurt, with no end in sight, which, I can tell you, puts a really bright spot in your day. Just like prison spotlights.

So. Ultimately, not a good day. I have hopes for tomorrow, though. Definitely a shower. Then, possibly Harry Potter. Even if I have to go see it with my parents.

Damn, that really doesn't make my life any less sad, does it?

So...Colorado?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home